MAKE ADVENTURE POSSIBLE
Send a Kid To Camp Campaign - 2023
Many of us are lucky to have fond memories of summers spent at camp from our childhoods: maybe we remember making great friends, learning how to do new things, or immersing ourselves in what we loved to do already. Maybe we remember connecting directly with nature, feeling the grass under our feet and being by the water and out in the fresh air. Those of us who attended summer camp as children were able to explore new opportunities, and we grew and changed through these summer camp experiences.
It was an ADVENTURE.
Kids today live in a complicated world: it’s fast-paced and ruled by technology. Summer is a time when kids can enjoy a different pace and develop skills that will benefit them year-round. Studies show that kids who attend high-quality summer camp programs build relationship skills, develop independence, and broaden their world view, all of which transfers to life beyond camp.
However, the cost of summer camp can be a barrier to families.
Will you consider donating to our 2023 Darien YMCA Send a Kid to Camp Campaign?
Any contribution, no matter the size, will MAKE ADVENTURE POSSIBLE by covering the cost of camp transportation, meals, and activities. Because of your generosity, a child will expand horizons, learn new skills and hone existing skills, connect with nature, stay active, make friends, develop social-emotional resiliency and MORE...adventure leads to all sorts of new learning pathways!
YOU CAN MAKE SUMMER FUN & SAFE
Gives a working parent peace of mind that their child is safe and having a blast after camp by providing afternoon care through our Afternoon Navigators and Extended Day programs.
Gives teenage campers with diverse abilities the opportunity to develop vocational skills, make connections, and earn Y-bucks through our Innovative Vocations Special Needs program.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE?
- · Donate Now
- · Make a check payable to Darien YMCA and mail to Darien YMCA, Development Office, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820
- · Call the Darien YMCA, Development Office at (203) 655-8228 ext.1358
- · Download a camper campaign pledge card here, complete, and email to Karen Ford at email@example.com
- · Complete your donation online, via mail or in-person
- · Research your employer’s matching gift process and submit donation receipt
- · Confirm your company has made a donation to the Darien YMCA