All employment opportunities with the Darien YMCA will be posted here.
How to Apply
Visit the YMCA Front Desk or obtain an application here online.
- Please indicate position for which you are applying.
- Mail or fax completed application and resume, as applicable, to Membership Dept. at Darien YMCA, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820
- The Darien YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Drop off or mail your application to:
2420 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
Note that if other instructions are provided in the job posting, please follow those instructions.
The Darien YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
To download an application for employment please click here. (Summer Camp Staff have a separate application. See below)
Current Employment Opportunities
The Darien YMCA is currently seeking a Barre Instructor to fulfill a Saturday morning class. Responsibilities and qualifications include the following:
- A current certification in the discipline of Barre and Mat Pilates
- A current CPR/AED certification, or the ability to attain one before starting
- Have Experience Teaching
- Adhere to the description of the class and modify the intensity for participants when needed.
- Teach respective class(es) on a regular basis and meet class attendance parameters.
- Be willing to sub when needed.
- Must be welcoming and friendly.
- Understand the Y’s cause and mission.
- Communicate with Health and Fitness Director on member feedback, equipment, scheduling, subbing and other necessary duties as a Darien YMCA employee.
- Ensure class begins and ends on time.
- Must have the motivation to continue professional development and education.
Jessica Van Sciver, Health and Fitness Director by email with resume and copy of certifications
Early morning (5:00 – 9:00 am), midday (12noon – 3:00 pm), afternoon (3:00 – 6:00 pm), or evening (6:00 – 9:45 pm).
The Darien YMCA is willing to certify strong swimmers committed to aquatic safety.
Amy D’Andrea at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1307
Membership Service Representative (Part-Time) Position
Pay range: $13.00-$16.00/hr
Job Duration: Year-Round
Position available weekdays and weekends with potential to pick up additional hours.
The Member Service Representative is responsible for top quality member service at the Y’s member check-in desk with a complete knowledge of the YMCA mission, programs, and operations. Present a positive and welcoming attitude to everyone who comes to the Y for services, thereby creating good public relations and fostering the Y’s role as a true community center. Ensure that all areas of the Y facilities are fully staffed and ready to receive members upon opening. Check members into the Y.
18 yrs+. Customer service experience preferred. Excellent phone and computer skills necessary. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required, along with confidentiality and excellent organizational skills. Must be punctual and reliable.
Resumes Immediately Accepted.
Nancy Sweeney at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1304, email@example.com
Fax (203) 656-2267, Attn: Nancy Sweeney
Special Needs Volunteers Needed:
- Monday – Friday (don’t have to work every day)
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Assist our older teen special needs population prepare snacks, assist teachers and do activities around the YMCA
- 4 – 4:45 and/ or 5 – 5:45
- Work one:one with children with special needs in our Gymnastics Center with fine and gross motor skill activities.
Suzanne Richards, firstname.lastname@example.org at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1331
Must complete and submit a Volunteer Application.
Special Needs Programs:
Saturday Swim Club: Help instruct children with special needs in the pool. Saturdays, 12:30 – 1:15 PM (will work along with a facilitator)
Stay and Play: Work with children with special needs, while playing games, arts & crafts, playground and more. Saturdays, 1:30 – 3:00 PM. (Will work along with a facilitator)
Morning (9:30 – 11:00 am), early afternoon (1:00 – 2:30 pm), late afternoon (3:30-5:45 pm), as well as Saturday morning (9:00 am – 1:00 pm).
Prior experience preferred, but will train person(s) with camping, youth sports, or babysitting background, who are able to work effectively with preschool and school-age children.
Amy D’Andrea at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1307