All employment opportunities with the Darien YMCA will be posted here.
How to Apply
Visit the YMCA Front Desk or obtain an application here online.
- Please indicate position for which you are applying.
- Mail or fax completed application and resume, as applicable, to Membership Dept. at Darien YMCA, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820
- The Darien YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Drop off or mail your application to:
2420 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
Note that if other instructions are provided in the job posting, please follow those instructions.
The Darien YMCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Health and Fitness Director
Under the direction of the VP of Operations, the Health and Fitness Director should be a dynamic, highly motivated individual tasked to cater to a diverse population as well as provide staff leadership and development in the areas of wellness, group exercise, and personal training.
The Health and Fitness Director will be challenged to provide a successful track record in fiscal management and the execution of innovative wellness programs. This individual must successfully integrate efforts throughout the areas of Healthy Living; Youth Development and Social Responsibility; increase membership through new member acquisition and retention of existing members, and drive revenue through personal and group training and wellness program sales.
For a full description of the position visit: https://www.ymca.net/career-opportunities/details/44477
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 11th.
Early morning (5:00 - 9:00 am), midday (12noon - 3:00 pm), afternoon (3:00 - 6:00 pm), or evening (6:00 - 9:45 pm).
The Darien YMCA is willing to certify strong swimmers committed to aquatic safety.
Amy D'Andrea at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1307
Morning (9:30 - 11:00 am), early afternoon (1:00 - 2:30 pm), late afternoon (3:30-5:45 pm), as well as Saturday morning (9:00 am - 1:00 pm).
Prior experience preferred, but will train person(s) with camping, youth sports, or babysitting background, who are able to work effectively with preschool and school-age children.
Amy D’Andrea at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1307
Apply online or
Membership Service Representative (Part-Time) Position
Pay range: $13.00-$16.00/hr
Job Duration: Year-Round
Position available weekdays and weekends with potential to pick up additional hours.
The Member Service Representative is responsible for top quality member service at the Y’s member check-in desk with a complete knowledge of the YMCA mission, programs, and operations. Present a positive and welcoming attitude to everyone who comes to the Y for services, thereby creating good public relations and fostering the Y's role as a true community center. Ensure that all areas of the Y facilities are fully staffed and ready to receive members upon opening. Check members into the Y.
18 yrs+. Customer service experience preferred. Excellent phone and computer skills necessary. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required, along with confidentiality and excellent organizational skills. Must be punctual and reliable.
Resumes Immediately Accepted.
Lee Malloy Stendardi at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1304, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax (203) 656-2267, Attn: Lee Malloy Stendardi
Head Camp Counselor- Summer Camp
Job Duration: Summer 2021
Position available weekdays.
Under the supervision of Camp Director, the Head Counselor supervises a camp group and assistant camp counselors while leading activities in a safe and enjoyable camp environment.
1. Must be at least 20 years old.
1. Must have ability to relate with children
2. Must have priority experience in working in a camp environment.
3. Must have ability to assist or lead activities such as: sports, games, crafts and swimming.
4. Must have the ability to supervise counselors and volunteers.
5. Must have ability to relate well to one’s peers and supervisors in a working environment.
1. Leadership and guidance of campers, counselors and C.I.T.’s.
2. Develop an understanding of each camper and help him/her grow and adjust within camp environment.
3. Implement and carry out the philosophy of the Darien YMCA.
4. Relate positively with all parents; relate to Parents Manual as needed.
5. Be enthusiastic and encourage camper involvement.
6. Take daily attendance and record camper’s pick-up.
7. Know where all campers are and what they are doing at all times.
8. Plan counselor time activities.
9. Maintain the safety of the campers at all times.
10. Repress personal problems, theories, prejudices and emotional relationships that may affect the welfare of campers, until such a time that you can meet privately with the Camp Director.
11. Attend all Staff Trainings.
12. Participate in staff meetings constructively, cooperatively and professionally.
13. Set up and clean up assigned areas.
14. Assist in all special events.
15. Report disciplinary problems and first aid emergency to Camp Director.
16. Assist specialty staff and actively participate in activity areas.
17. Have lunch and interact with campers during designated lunch break.
Resumes Immediately Accepted.
Suzanne Richards at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1331, email@example.com.
Head Camp Counselors can also Apply Online.
Summer Camp Counselors
Several Opportunities exist for Summer Camp. Please note, you must be 16 years of age by June 21, 2021 to apply for a camp position. Read testimonials from previous counselors here.
Some positions to consider are:
❑ Pre-School Counselor
❑ School Age Counselor
❑ Specialist (arts & crafts, sports, music/dance)
❑ Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor
❑ Boating Instructor
❑ Special Needs Paraprofessional
❑ Swim & Sail Camp for Children with Special Needs
❑ Not Sure…Open to Suggestions.
Suzanne Richards at (203) 655-8228 ext. 1331
Please submit all application to Suzanne Richards at Darien YMCA, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.