At the Darien YMCA we believe we all have the power to change, develop new skills and gain confidence. When we invest in our facility, we are investing in our community, and in YOU.
Renovations and maintenance work will begin in August. We will continue to send out updates and any modifications to this schedule as the work progresses.
Please note, all Group Exercise classes will remain available as scheduled. Now’s a perfect time to try something new to you! Try a Group Ex Class while your typical workout area may be closed.
Here is the anticipated renovation schedule:
Closed August 8 – 21 for painting, new flooring, new cardio equipment installation.
Closed August 11 – September 5 for draining and re-grouting.
Temporarily unavailable August 12 – 21 during laundry room repairs.
Closed August 14 – 28 for cleaning and installation of new spring floor.
Closed August 20 – 28 for floor refinishing.
Closed August 22 – 26 for painting, new flooring, new lights and new equipment.
Closed August 22 – 28.
WOMEN’S LOCKER ROOM
Will close daily at 6:00pm, August 22 – September 3 for renovations to the steam room.
LOBBY BY LITTLE BITES
Closed August 25 – 26 for painting and new carpet installation.
We appreciate your patience as we work to bring you a FRESH NEW LOOK!
New Matrix Performance Equipment
Coming soon, ALL treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals in the Wellness Center will be replaced by brand new Matrix machines.
Some features you can expect:
- Bluetooth connection for your wireless headphones.
- Wireless charging station for your mobile devices.
- Cardio equipment easily connects to Apple and Samsung watches and various heart rate straps.
- Individual fans on each machine to adjust for personal comfort.
- Wi-Fi network connected with access to several Apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, and YouTube.
- Automated email notification to the manufacturer as soon as there’s an issue, which will trigger a local technician to promptly visit and resolve the problem while notifying the YMCA Wellness Director.