The Darien YMCA has been an integral part of Darien for 50 years with its focus on improving individual health and well-being, developing the potential of kids, and giving back to the community.
We need all our Members to fill in the Facility Usage Waiver upon check in: Facility Usage Agreement
“Family” is defined by the National YMCA as adults and children living in the same household, and being related by blood, marriage, or adoption. The Darien YMCA will require proof of residency of all parties seeking a membership that consists of more than one individual.
Below you will find our agreements and policies in more detail.
If you have any questions, please contact:
(203) 655-8228 Ext 1304
- The YMCA reserves the right to suspend or revoke any membership for good cause as determined by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors. The length of suspension or refund of membership dues or fees will be determined by the same authority.
- Members are required to carry their ID cards or their mobile device with the Darien YMCA app downloaded to scan their barcode every time they enter the building.
- Members are required to have their picture taken and linked to their membership account.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, swearing, name calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
- Darien YMCA Memberships may be placed on hold for 1, 2, or 3 consecutive months per calendar year.
- No Partial months are available. All hold requests require 15 day written notice before the scheduled draft date.
- Member agrees to pay $25/month hold fee. Medical holds are available at no charge with a doctor’s note.
- Regular membership dues automatically resume following the requested on-hold period.
- Membership holds are not available for Youth, Teen or College Temporary.
- A complete outline of the hold policy may be obtained at the Front Desk.
- I authorize my bank to honor preauthorized Electronic Funds Transfer (or credit card institution) drawn by the Darien YMCA on my account for (membership/program/ contribution) payments as indicated below.
- When the bank honors the EFT (or credit card) by charging my account, such transfer shall constitute notice of payment due and my receipt for the payment.
- Should any preauthorized EFT (or credit card) not be honored by said bank when received by them, then it is understood that the payment is to be made by me in the amount of said payment plus posted returned draft/check fee.
- It is further understood that if such payment is not honored by the bank (or credit card institution), then the YMCA, at its discretion, may resubmit the amount due for payment on a future date.
- Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Darien YMCA Membership draft is a perpetual membership with no expiration date.
- I agree and understand that the Darien YMCA will make monthly automatic deductions from a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Amex) or bank account that I have designated.
- It is my complete understanding that if I wish to terminate, go on hold, or change my membership in any way that affects monthly dues, I must give the Darien YMCA 15-days written notice before my scheduled draft date. I am responsible for any processed/upcoming dues if I fail to notify the membership department in writing within the stated timeframe.
- Should any membership draft not be honored by my bank or credit card for any reason, I am still responsible for that payment plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee my bank or credit card may incur. Membership accounts will automatically be terminated after 2 months of unpaid membership dues. The joiner fee will be required to reinstate the membership, in addition to any outstanding account balances.
- If my membership is terminated and inactive, or there is an interruption of monthly payments for 30 days or more, the joiner’s fee is again required to reinstate the membership.
- The Darien YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate application to my category of membership, I understand that I will receive at least a 30 days’ notice prior to any such change.
- To administer First Aid;
- To contact parent/guardian or person listed on emergency contact;
- Call 911 or Post 53 of Darien for treatment and/or transportation to an emergency medical center.
- Before you travel, contact the Y you intend to visit to make sure it is one of the more than 2,600 locations that participate in Nationwide Membership.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your monthly visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold (or cancel it) and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage, not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option, or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Most YMCAs require a photo ID for all visitors. Please bring a photo ID with you for a seamless customer experience.
- You will be asked to sign a wavier when visiting other YMCA locations.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please see the following rules for each department
- All 13 and 14 year olds must complete a Free Youth Fit Club class and be an active member of the YMCA.
- All 15 -17 year olds are encouraged to complete a Training Center Orientation. Any 14 year old, who is also in High School, may request an evaluation from the Fitness Center Director to gain access.
- Member and non-member rates available.
- Classes offered specifically for youth/teen will indicate specific age parameters.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-swimmers, regardless of age, must have an adult in the water within arm's reach at all times
- Must have a parent/guardian (minimum of 18 years) with them in the water within arm's reach and in the locker rooms at all times.
- Must have a parent/guardian supervising them on the pool deck at all times. If a 9-11 year old is a non-swimmer a parent/guardian is required to swim with their child
- Are allowed to use the pools without direct supervision. Parents are strongly encouraged to be in the building while their child is swimming