The Darien YMCA Piranha Swim Team abides by a strict Code of Conduct governing all coaches, swimmers, and parents. The purpose of the Code is to ensure that all those associated with Darien YMCA Piranha swimming treat others with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all swimmers, parents and coaches. All members of the Piranha Swim Team and their parents agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and agree to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code.
All enforcement decisions made by the Darien YMCA are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those swimmers dismissed from the team for their or their parents’ violation of the Code of Conduct.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Respect your teammates, coaches, officials and opponents at all times.
- Give 100% effort at each practice and meet.
- Support and encourage your teammates.
- Set a positive example.
- Wear the required Spirit Wear at all meets and practices.
- Display good sportsmanship at all times both on and off the pool deck.
- Don’t be afraid to make a mistake; that’s part of learning.
- Listen to and learn from your coaches.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Have fun!
- Any conduct, including abusive language and/or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to
property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on you, the Darien YMCA, and/or
the Piranhas is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all
swimmers, parents, siblings and guests at all times when at meets and/or practices, on the
pool deck, in the locker rooms or any other associated facilities.
- You represent the Piranhas and the Darien YMCA during any meet or practice, home or away.
Any conduct such as shoplifting, destruction of property, illegal consumption of drugs or alcohol,
or any other questionable activity will not be tolerated. This rule applies for the entire duration
of such meet or practice.
- The Piranha coaching staff and the Executive Director of the Darien YMCA will deal with
unacceptable conduct at their sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion,
as they deem appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION FROM THE TEAM BASED ON
VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY ANY REFUNDS.