BECOME A YMCA MEMBER
You may sign your child up for a YMCA Membership and receive priority registration and pay the member rate (non-members pay $30 additional per week). Members must remain active through the last day of Camp week attending. *Become a member between February 1st and March 15th, while registering for camp, and the YMCA will waive the joiners fee.
2021 CAMP SESSION DATES
Week 1: June 21 – June 25
Week 2: June 28 – July 2
Week 3: July 5 – July 9
Week 4: July 12 – July 16
Week 5: July 19 - July 23
Week 6: July 26 - July 30
Week 7: Aug. 2 - Aug. 6
Week 8: Aug. 9 - Aug. 13
|Dates and Time||Eligibility|
|February 1 at 10:00 am||Returning 2020 campers and siblings who are Y members.|
|February 3 at 10:00 am||Members who are Darien residents.|
|February 8 at 10:00 am||Members who are non Darien residents.|
|February 10 at 10:00 am||Non-members|
|June 7 at 10:00 am||Registration for Lunch Bunch (Holly Hoppers only).|
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
NEW REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Log in to your YMCA account. Choose Summer Camp.
- Once you choose the camp your child will attend, you will also have the opportunity to choose the group within that camp (ex: Super A, Super B, etc).
- Click on the Camp Name and you will see the list of weeks. Choose which weeks you want to register for.
- Choose the child you are registering.
- You will be asked to answer a series of questions. Please answer ALL questions.
- You will be required to read and sign the Participation Agreement.
- If you will be registering another child, click on Add Programs at the top right and repeat steps above. If not, continue to next step.
- If you are registering for 8 weeks of camp, you may use the Promo Code 8 Weeks for a 5% discount. Please note that if you use the Promo Code and are not registered for 8 weeks or later cancel any weeks, you will be billed for that discount.
- If you are registering two or more children, you may use the Promo Code Sibling Discount for a 5% discount (please note 8 Week Discount and Sibling Discounts may not be combined). Please note that if you use the Promo Code and are not registering two or more children, you will be billed for that discount.
- Please review your registration.
- Make payment.
Registering at the Front Desk (*submitting Registration Forms is required for anyone receiving a financial assistance or setting up a payment plan)
- Fill out the 2020 DARIEN YMCA CAMP EMERGENCY FORM
- If setting up a payment plan, you must fill out the Payment Plan Form
- Bring to the Front Desk.
- Children who are members of the Darien YMCA will receive priority registration due to a ruling by the Darien Planning and Zoning Commission. Siblings of returning campers may register during priority registration if they are a member.
- A non-member fee of $30 per week will be added to each registration.
- The 8 Week Discount and Sibling Discount may not be combined.
- If you receive Financial Assistance, you will not receive an additional 8 Week Discount or Sibling Discount.
- Determine correct camp placement by noting what grade your child will complete in June 2020. If a child will not have completed Kindergarten, they must register for preschool camp.
- You may not register for Camp 2020 if you have any outstanding balance on your YMCA account.
- All participants must have a complete Physical Form that is less than 36 months old. Campers may submit a copy of a completed school physical or they can use the camp physical form. All forms must include immunizations, a physician’s signature and the date of exam.
- Any child who requires any medication (prescribed or over the counter) must have their physician complete and sign an Authorization of Medication Form. Parents must also sign the Parent Section on the form. Medication must be submitted in the original container with the prescription label clearly visible. If your child is attending our school age camp off site, two sets of medications are required (one for off site and one for the Y-site).
- Individual Care Plans are required for any child who has health or behavior concerns that our staff should be aware of. Once filled out by the parent, the form will be shared with the Camp Directors, Camp First Aider and the child’s immediate counselors if necessary.
HOW TO SUBMIT FORMS
- Mail to Darien YMCA, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820 attn: Camp
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off at the Darien YMCA
- Fax to (203) 656-2267
CAMP REFUND POLICY
- A participant canceling before May 1st will receive an online system credit or refund check* less a $20 per week cancelling fee.
- A participant canceling after May 1st will receive an online system credit or refund check* less a 20% per week cancelling fee.
- No refunds will be given after June 1st
- Please note all refunds will be in the form of a check. No refunds can be processed back to a credit card.
*All check requests will be processed with an additional $20 check fee.