BECOME A YMCA MEMBER
You may sign your child up for a YMCA Membership and receive priority registration and pay the member rate. Members must remain active through the last day of camp week attending.
*Join as a Family Member between January 17 and March 13, 2023, while registering for camp, and the YMCA will waive the joiners fee. Note that if you are joining after, January 31st, you must join at the Front Desk in order to receive your $0 Joiner's Fee.
2023 CAMP SESSION DATES
Week 1: June 19 – June 23
Week 2: June 67 – June 30
Week 3: July 3 – July 7 (closed 4th of July)
Week 4: July 10– July 14
Week 5: July 17 - July 21
Week 6: July 24 - July 28
Week 7: July 31 - August 4
Week 8: August 7 - August 11
Week 9: August 14 - August 18 *
*Week 9 is a modified week held at the YMCA. Space is limited and groupings will be different than weeks 1 - 8 and will be for Preschool and School Age Camp only.
|Dates and Time||Eligibility|
|January 17th at 10:00 am||Members who are Darien Residents and or returning 2022 campers.|
|January 19th at 10:00 am||Members who are not Darien residents.|
|January 24th at 10:00 am||Registration for non-members.|
|June 5 at 10:00 am||Registration for Lunch Bunch (Holly Hoppers only) and Extended Care.|
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
- Log in to your YMCA account. Choose Summer Camp.
- Once you choose the camp your child will attend, you will also have the opportunity to choose the group within that camp (ex: Super A, Super B, etc).
- Click on the Camp Name and you will see the list of weeks. Choose which weeks you want to register for.
- Choose the child you are registering.
- You will be asked to answer a series of questions. Please answer ALL questions.
- You will be required to read and sign the Participation Agreement.
- If you will be registering another child, click on Add Programs at the top right and repeat steps above. If not, continue to next step.
- If you are registering for 8 weeks of camp, you may use the Promo Code 8 Weeks for a 5% discount. Please note that if you use the Promo Code and are not registered for 8 weeks or later cancel any weeks, you will be billed for that discount.
- If you are registering two or more children, you may use the Promo Code Sibling Discount for a 5% discount (please note 8 Week Discount and Sibling Discounts may not be combined). Please note that if you use the Promo Code and are not registering two or more children, you will be billed for that discount.
- Please review your registration.
- Make payment.
Registering at the Front Desk (*submitting Registration Forms is required for anyone receiving a financial assistance or setting up a payment plan)
- Fill out the 2023 DARIEN YMCA CAMP EMERGENCY FORM
- If setting up a payment plan, you must fill out the Credit Author Camp
- Bring to the Front Desk.
- Children who are members of the Darien YMCA will receive priority registration due to a ruling by the Darien Planning and Zoning Commission. Siblings of returning campers may register during priority registration if they are a member.
- The 8 Week Discount and Sibling Discount may not be combined.
- If you receive Financial Assistance, you will not receive an additional 8 Week Discount or Sibling Discount.
- Determine correct camp placement by noting what grade your child will complete in June 2022. If a child will not have completed Kindergarten, they must register for preschool camp.
- You may not register for Camp 2023 if you have any outstanding balance on your YMCA account.
- All participants must have a complete Physical Form that is less than 36 months old. Campers may submit a copy of a completed school physical or they can use the Camper medical form. All forms must include immunizations, a physician’s signature and the date of exam.
- Any child who requires any medication (prescribed or over the counter) must have their physician complete and sign an Authorization of Medication Form. Parents must also sign the Parent Section on the form. Medication must be submitted in the original container with the prescription label clearly visible. If your child is attending our school age camp off site, two sets of medications are required (one for off site and one for the Y-site).
- Individual Care Plans are required for any child who has health or behavior concerns that our staff should be aware of. Once filled out by the parent, the form will be shared with the Camp Directors, Camp First Aider and the child’s immediate counselors if necessary.
HOW TO SUBMIT FORMS
- Mail to Darien YMCA, 2420 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820 Attn: Camp
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Drop off at the Darien YMCA
- Fax to (203) 656-2267
CAMP REFUND POLICY
- A participant canceling before May 1st will receive an online system credit or refund check* less a $20 per week cancelling fee.
- A participant canceling after May 1st will receive an online system credit or refund check* less a 20% per week cancelling fee.
- No refunds will be given after June 5th.
- Please note all refunds will be in the form of a check. No refunds can be processed back to a credit card.
*All check requests will be processed with an additional $20 check fee.
The Darien YMCA wants all children to have the opportunity to participate in summer camp, regardless of finacial situation or ability to pay. Our Financial Assistance is based on family income, number of members in the household and the availability of YMCA funds.
- A Financial Assistance Application can be obtained on our website or at the YMCA front desk and can be emailed to Ellen Arsenault at firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the front desk. The application process is kept confidential and requires proof of financial need.
- The forms must be completed and accompanied by required documentation listed on page 1 of the application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- You will be contacted by Ellen via email once your application is approved. once camp registration begins, you may register online if you are paying in full, or at the front desk if you are setting up a payment plan. Please do not register before hearing about an offered award, as prices will not be discounted once you register.
- Your financial approval does not guarantee you a space in camp. You must register your child in camp.
- If you receive financial assistance, you will not receive the 8-week or sibling discount.
The Darien YMCA Summer Camp offers a Camp Payment Plan. You must complete the Payment Plan form. All payments are made on the 20th of the month, with the last payment being June 20th. You must pay the first payment at the time of registration. If you choose to do a payment plan, you must register in person at the YMCA front desk.