Darien YMCA Reopened June 17!
WELCOME BACK TO THE Y!
Here's what we are doing to make a safer environment for those who enter our facility:
- Upon entering everyone must answer health screening questions
- All members and non-members are required to check in
- All areas of the facility are at or below 50% capacity
- Equipment is spaced to allow for ample social distancing
- Face coverings are required throughout the building
- Class sizes have been reduced
- Our ventilation systems are equipped with economizers which provide fresh air exchange through the building and utilize high quality MERV-13 filters helping to remove airborne particles
- The facility is being sanitized frequently throughout the day
HOURS OF OPERATION*
- Monday- Friday 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
KEEPING MEMBERS AND STAFF SAFE
While we are enthusiastic to reopen, the safety of our members and our staff is our number one priority so we are opening areas with restrictions in order for everyone to be as safe as possible. We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide a safe environment.
WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON JUNE 17
- Wellness Center and Training Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pools (lap swim and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, inside and outside)
- Personal and Small Group Training (inside and outside)
- Gymnastics Center (team training & camp)
- Summer Camp (beginning June 22)
LAP SWIM NOTES:
To allow for more members equal access to the lane reservations and avoid excessive no-shows we will be implementing the following changes:
- Saturday 8 a.m. will now allow 2 SWIMMERS PER LANE beginning Saturday 10/24.
- Please make ONE reservation per day.
- Multiple reservations will be deleted and only the first lap swim reservation will be honored.
Thank you for your understanding and respect for one another in the pool.
WHAT WILL REMAIN UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Limited Locker Room Usage Available for Restrooms
- Showers for aquatic use to rinse before/after using the pool
- Reduced number of lockers available to ensure social distancing
- Steam Rooms
- Whirl Pool
- Yoga and Exercise mats (Please bring your own)
- Water Fountains (available for Bottle filling only)
- Towel Service
- Rock Wall
- Guest Passes
INFORMATION TO KNOW BEFORE RETURNING
- Members will be required to self scan using their membership card or the Darien YMCA App.
- All members will be required to sign a new waiver before checking into the Y.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines, before entering you will be asked health screening questions.
- You are required to wear a face covering while in common areas of the Y including the lobby, hallways and bathrooms.
- We suggest you bring a water bottle from home as water fountains will be available for bottle filling only.
- We have added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- All members are required to clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and get healthy.
- We encourage the vulnerable populations of the Y, to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines.
- If your monthly membership is currently on a COVID-19 hold, it will automatically be reactivated on July 1. If you would like to extend your hold, please click here.
- If your membership is inactive or you would like to renew your annual membership that has expired, please contact Marcia Morrell at email@example.com.