Darien YMCA Reopened June 17!
WELCOME BACK TO THE Y!
As of September 23, our Adult Locker Room Showers are OPEN!
- Towel service still not permitted by ReOpen Connecticut guidelines. Please bring your own towels and shower supplies.
- Per Connecticut’s Reopen Plan and CDC guidelines and recommendations we will not allow the use of personal blow driers nor can we supply them.
Thank you for your understanding.
HOURS OF OPERATION*
- Monday- Friday 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
KEEPING MEMBERS AND STAFF SAFE
While we are enthusiastic to reopen, the safety of our members and our staff is our number one priority so we are opening areas with restrictions in order for everyone to be as safe as possible. We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide a safe environment.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE AS OF SEPTEMBER 23
- Adult Locker Room Showers
- Wellness Center and Training Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pools (lap swim and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, inside and outside)
- Personal and Small Group Training (inside and outside)
- Gymnastics Center (team training & camp)
- Summer Camp (beginning June 22)
WHAT WILL REMAIN UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Reduced number of lockers available to ensure social distancing
- Steam Rooms
- Whirl Pool
- Yoga and Exercise mats (Please bring your own)
- Water Fountains (available for Bottle filling only)
- Towel Service/Hair Dryers
- Rock Wall
- Guest Passes
INFORMATION TO KNOW BEFORE RETURNING
- Members will be required to self scan using their membership card or the Darien YMCA App.
- All members will be required to sign a new waiver before checking into the Y.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines, before entering you will be asked health screening questions.
- You are required to wear a face covering while in common areas of the Y including the lobby, hallways and bathrooms.
- We suggest you bring a water bottle from home as water fountains will be available for bottle filling only.
- We have added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- All members are required to clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and get healthy.
- We encourage the vulnerable populations of the Y, to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines.
- If your monthly membership is currently on a COVID-19 hold, it will automatically be reactivated on July 1. If you would like to extend your hold, please click here.
- If your membership is inactive or you would like to renew your annual membership that has expired, please contact Marcia Morrell at email@example.com.