The Darien YMCA Responds to CT State Guidelines Changes
WELCOME BACK TO THE Y!
Updated Release & Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement:
Before checking into the facility one member from each membership unit will be required to sign an updated agreement before using the Darien YMCA facility.
PLEASE SIGN THE UPDATED RELEASE
Enter your Barcode and Name, then follow the instructions.
Effective March 22:
Following the State of CT guidelines for gyms, masks are required to be worn at all times while inside the facility, including in our wellness center, on cardio equipment and in group exercise classes.
- Masks need to be worn properly covering both the nose and mouth.
- Members need to maintain 6' of social distancing at all times while in the facility even while waiting for equipment.
Reservations Still in Effect
To assist with managing a safe capacity for our facility and to help you manage your visit, the following reservations are still in effect.
CT Travel Advisory
Governor Lamont’s Executive Order No.9S, Section 1 regarding travel is no longer in effect.
Connecticut residents and travelers to Connecticut should follow travel-related guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Connecticut Department of Public Health (CT DPH). Mandates and requirements are not currently in place in Connecticut.
However, prior to traveling outside of your local community, consider that travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19.
Adult Locker Room Showers are OPEN!
- Towel service still not permitted by reopen Connecticut guidelines. Please bring your own towels and shower supplies.
- Per Connecticut’s Reopen Plan and CDC guidelines and recommendations we are allowing blow dryers, but you are required to bring your own as we will not supply them for shared use.
Thank you for your understanding.
For your safety, the Darien YMCA ventilation systems are equipped with economizers which provide fresh air exchange though the building and utilize high quality MERV-13 filters helping to remove airborne particles.
We're excited to see many familiar faces coming back into our facility. Being here with friends and this community is important and meaningful for so many of us.
HOURS OF OPERATION*
- Monday- Friday 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
KEEPING MEMBERS AND STAFF SAFE
While we are enthusiastic to reopen, the safety of our members and our staff is our number one priority so we are opening areas with restrictions in order for everyone to be as safe as possible. We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide a safe environment.
WHAT IS AVAILABLE AS OF MARCH 22
- Adult Locker Room Showers
- Wellness Center and Training Center (cardio, strength and free weights)
- Pools (lap swim and swim team)
- Group Fitness classes (virtual, inside and outside)
- Personal and Small Group Training (inside and outside)
- Gymnastics Center (team training & camp)
- Summer Camp (beginning June 22)
WHAT WILL REMAIN UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Reduced number of lockers available to ensure social distancing
- Steam Rooms
- Whirl Pool
- Yoga and Exercise mats (Please bring your own)
- Water Fountains (available for Bottle filling only)
- Towel Service/Hair Dryers
- Rock Wall
- Guest Passes
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO KNOW BEFORE RETURNING
- Members will be required to self scan using their membership card or the Darien YMCA App.
- All members will be required to sign a new waiver before checking into the Y.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines, before entering you will be asked health screening questions.
- You are required to wear a face covering while in common areas of the Y including the lobby, hallways and bathrooms.
- We suggest you bring a water bottle from home as water fountains will be available for bottle filling only.
- We have added additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- All members are required to clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and get healthy.
- We encourage the vulnerable populations of the Y, to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines.