FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE POLICY
Approved by the YMCA Board of Directors, 11-26-12
Financial assistance is based on family income, number of household members and the availability of YMCA funds. Adults applying for financial assistance for an adult membership at the Darien YMCA, who live in another YMCA service area, are expected to apply to their YMCA first. If an applicant can demonstrate that his or her application for financial assistance has been denied by another YMCA, the Darien YMCA will consider each out of town adult application on an as needed basis.
The Darien YMCA Financial Assistance is made possible through the generous contributions of organizations and individuals in Darien.
How To Apply
A Financial Assistance application may be obtained on our website or at the front desk. The application process is confidential and requires proof of financial need.
· The Darien Y reserves the right to request proof of residence for applicants and family members.
· Applicants qualify for assistance based on annual income and size of the family. Please explain extenuating circumstances.
· Applicants must re-apply for assistance on a yearly basis.
· Financial Assistance for youth will be limited to one program per family member per session, with the exception of Kid’s Club, Holly Pond School, and Camp.
· The form must be completed and accompanied by the required documentation. This includes a copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return, W-2(s) and/or 1099(s), last three pay stubs and last two bank statements. If applicable, social security or disability statements, child support/alimony payments. If you did not file a tax return, please indicate and explain.
· Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to applicant.
Applications and income verification should be submitted to:
2420 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
· To register for additional classes or programs within your scholarship year, please complete the “Request for Additional Programs” form and send in to the Front Desk, Attn.: Nancy Sweeney. You may pick up the form at the front desk or download from our website.
· Allow 15-20 business days to process the application.
· You will be notified by email or phone if your application has been approved.
· The Front Desk staff will charge you the appropriate fee and process your membership or program sign-up.
· Approval does not guarantee you a spot in a class. Please allow time for the processing of your application prior to the start of a registration period.
Click here to download the Financial Assistance Application.